repaint after notify_button() ?

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 09:35:56 UTC 2020

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 15:59:35 +0000
Josh Simonot <JSimonot at live.ca> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply!
> I have a big update: it's not the screen refresh at all.
>
> Using the weston-eventdemo, I see that the pointer events aren't
> delivered to the app until 10 seconds after clicking.  Maybe that
> sheds some light on what could be happening?
>
> And events are delivered immediately if I'm also running an app like
> weston-simple-egl or weston-simple-damage.
>
> I'll check the WAYLAND_DEBUG / socket flushing.

Hi,

have you checked at what time you call the notify_*() functions? Are
they called the 10 seconds before or are they already delayed?

Sounds like you might have issues with the compositor event loop, maybe
not servicing your extra event sources in a timely manner. I assume you
are aware that the compositor main event loop does not spin regularly,
it only spins if any event source is ready. Therefore it may sleep for
arbitrarily long times, and clients sending requests can wake it up
which would explain why extra apps can work around it.