Achieving Integer Scaling through GPU composition

uday kiran pichika udaykiran.pichika at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 13:24:51 UTC 2020

Thanks Pekka for your reply.

I work for an OEM company. We have given the support of Integer Scaling
though NN in Windows environment though System Settings.
So we are providing the similar support even in Linux environment as well.
This is the reason, I have chosen Weston compositor as a POC for Integer
Scaling through NN.

And our Display hardware supports the Scaling with multiple scaling
filters. If we make the modifications to do the support with DRM planes, we
should consider the fallback option as well. So the default fallback is GPU
composition.
In order to provide the support to GPU composition, have started exploring
this Integer Scaling functionality in GL composition.

As per your comments, App can't inform to the compositor about the Integer
Scaling for a specific window until and unless we should add an extra
variable or some request to the surface. I think this is very bad idea of
adding.

can you please suggest, any other compositor which we can chose for the
desktop functionality ?

Thanks
Uday Kiran