[ANNOUNCE] Weston 9.0 release schedule

Jan Engelhardt jengelh at inai.de
Wed Jul 1 18:49:06 UTC 2020

On Wednesday 2020-07-01 19:03, Simon Ser wrote:
>On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 5:41 PM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh at inai.de> wrote:
>
>> However, when trying to retrieve
>> https://wayland.freedesktop.org/releases/
>> all I get is a 404 ("The resource that you are attempting to access
>> does not exist or you don't have the necessary permissions to view
>> it."). What I expected to get: an index of all files in that directory,
>> alphabetically sorted and suffixed with the last modification date, just
>> as apache (or other httpds) usually generate.
>
>What's your use-case? Why isn't the releases pages enough?

Usecases.. checking for releases, both new and, sometimes historic research,
old ones.

A fileindex has a "tabular" appearance where each "row" contains filename and
date, and that table be sorted primarily by filename with no extra grouping, so
that wayland-* and weston-* releases are not interspersed.

The release page is the antithesis to that: it presents items like a
blog rather than a filelisting, grouped by date with a static
reverse-date ordering, and grouping different filenames by date as
well. Imagine if `ls -l` did that all the time.