Wayland Direct Framebuffer (FreeBSD)

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Tue Jul 21 17:17:25 UTC 2020

Hi pq,

Thanks for your question on my post and I am sorry that I was not clearer
on the information.

Yes, you are correct in that the Direct Framebuffer approach that I am
thinking about is how it might be possible to compile Weston compositor of
the Wayland protocol to use the DirectFB (direct framebuffer) backend on
FreeBSD since I am looking for a possible Wayland solution that does not
use Xorg and is absolutely as small as possible just to display a single
application "wlfreerdp" which is the Wayland compiled RDP client from the
FreeRDP project.

This is the basic goal that I am trying to achieve.
cheers,
Lonnie