Wayland Direct Framebuffer (FreeBSD)

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Tue Jul 21 19:15:03 UTC 2020

Hi Thiago,

Thanks for your response.

The problem that I seem to have here is that the FreeRDP client application
cannot be compiled to use DirectFB easily as support for it was stopped a
number of years ago and would take a lot of work to revitalize that effort.

On the other hand, they do have builds for the latest RDP client
applications for Wayland and I was even able to compile it myself, but just
do not have a Wayland server set up and am trying to find the simplest
solution to use Wayland without Xorg so that I can use the RDP client as
well as to keep the total footprint as small as possible.

Cheers,
Lonnie