I want to use many button mouse.

MIKAMI.Norimasa mikazo777 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 17:09:49 UTC 2020

Hi, Wayland developers.

I use the Logitech MX Revolution mouse.
I cannot "sum wheel button" on the MX Revolution mouse on the Wayland.
Because, the Wayland only recognizes up to 10 buttons.
The "sum wheel" has 3 buttons and these buttons notifies the following value .
- 0x0118
- 0x011A
- 0x011C

These value isn't defined by /usr/incude/linux/input-event-codes.h.

On the X window system, I succeed to use the "sum wheel" button.
Because, I add the following config file  to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "Logitech USB Receiver"
        MatchProduct "Logitech USB Receiver"
        option "Buttons" "20"
EndSection

But, I don't know to use the "sum wheel" button on the Wayland.
How can I use these buttons on the Wayland ?
In other words, Ι want to use the undefined mouse buttons.
If the Wayland can use 20 buttons, the easystroke soft can customize
these buttons.

- https://github.com/thjaeger/easystroke/wiki

My using OS is CentOS8.
Wayland version is the following versions.
[mikami at localhost build]$ rpm -qa | grep wayland
libwayland-client-1.15.0-1.el8.x86_64
wayland-protocols-devel-1.17-1.el8.noarch
gnome-session-wayland-session-3.28.1-7.el8_1.x86_64
libwayland-cursor-1.15.0-1.el8.x86_64
libwayland-egl-1.15.0-1.el8.x86_64
libwayland-server-1.15.0-1.el8.x86_64
wayland-devel-1.15.0-1.el8.x86_64
xorg-x11-server-Xwayland-1.20.3-8.el8.x86_64
[mikami at localhost build]$

Regards,
Norimasa Mikami

mikazo777 at gmail.com