multiple wl surfaces commit in one client

zou lan nancy.lan.zou at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 02:14:32 UTC 2020

Hi Simon & pekka

Thank you for your reply!

>>The OS could pre-empt the client after
>>the first wl_surface_commit is flushed on the wire and before the
>>second one is.

I want to ask if after first wl_surface_commit, but I don't call
wl_display_flush/wl_display_dispatch, is the first wl_surface_commit
flushed to server because  out buffer of the connection is full?
https://github.com/wayland-project/wayland/blob/master/src/connection.c,
can we increase the buffer size in this structure wl_buffer to reduce the
possibility of this?

struct wl_buffer {
char data[4096];
uint32_t head, tail;
};

By the way, for the WIP protocol,
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/jadahl/wayland-protocols/-/blob/wip/transactions/unstable/transactions/transactions-unstable-v1.xml,
do we have any patchset in weston to implement it? I don't find it in
weston master branch.

Yes, I don't want to use subsurface now because I want each surface have
its own shell role.

Thank you!

Best Regards
Nancy