[RESEND] Requests For Proposals for hosting XDC2021 are now open

Lyude Paul lyude at redhat.com
Thu Sep 3 16:16:11 UTC 2020

(Including a bunch more emails in the To: that got missed the first time)

Hello everyone!

The X.org board is soliciting proposals to host XDC in 2021. Since
XDC2020 is being held virtually this year, we've decided to host in
either North America or Europe. However, the board is open to other
locations, especially if there's an interesting co-location with another
conference.

Of course though, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic it's not yet
clear whether or not it will be possible to host XDC2021 in person.
Because of this, we would like to make it clear that sponsors should
prepare for both the possibility of an in person conference, and the
possibility of a virtual conference. We will work with organizers on
coming up with a deadline for deciding whether or not we'll be going
virtual, likely sometime around July.

If you're considering hosting XDC, we've assembled a wiki page with
what's generally expected and needed:

https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/RFP/

When submitting your proposal, please make sure to include at least the
key information about the potential location in question, possible dates
along with estimated costs. Proposals can be submitted to board at
foundation.x.org until the deadline of November 1st. Additionally, an
quirk early heads-up to the board if you're considering hosting would be
appreciated, in case we need to adjust the schedule a bit. Also, earlier
is better since there generally will be a bit of Q&A with organizers.

And if you just have some questions about what organizing XDC entails,
please feel free to chat with previous organizers, or someone from the
board.
--
Sincerely,
      Lyude Paul (she/her)