Change default Wayland branches to 'main'

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Thu Apr 8 11:20:46 UTC 2021

Hi all,
Going with a lot of other Git-based projects (and following the leads of
e.g. GitHub and GitLab), freedesktop.org is planning to change the default
branch name for its new projects to 'main' rather than 'master'.

Mesa is already migrating, and they have helpfully prepared a small Python
script which will retarget open MRs from 'master' to 'main'.

I propose that we do this for all the wayland/* repositories, either this
weekend or next; I'm happy to make the changes (rename 'master' to 'main'
and retarget all open MRs). Does anyone have any opinions or suggestions?

Cheers,
Daniel