FW: xrandr and xwayland

David Deyo ddeyo at tireprofiles.com
Thu Aug 5 21:17:33 UTC 2021

From: Daniel Stone<mailto:daniel at fooishbar.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 5, 2021 3:57 PM
To: David Deyo<mailto:ddeyo at tireprofiles.com>
Cc: Emmanuel Gil Peyrot<mailto:linkmauve at linkmauve.fr>; wayland-devel at lists.freedesktop.org<mailto:wayland-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>
Subject: Re: FW: xrandr and xwayland

On Thu, 5 Aug 2021 at 21:15, David Deyo <ddeyo at tireprofiles.com<mailto:ddeyo at tireprofiles.com>> wrote:
I was able to re-create the files of your patch and added them into my build tree.

Not having an accelerometer, I’ve had to make a few changes.
When you said, ‘It had issues’, I am also seeing some issues.

I can rotate my screen, but something about the callback (weston_rotate_rotate) is acting strange.
I have added a loop in autorotate that calls weston_rotate_rotate every 10 secs.   I am logging out to Weston_log.
It seems I only get those logs once every 15-30 minutes and when I do, it’s hundreds of logs.  What’s up with that?

  *   Sounds like you're missing wl_display_flush() in your client code, so the requests don't make it to the socket buffer until they're forced to because it's filled up.
That did it.  You guys are awesome.  I don’t suppose there’s a Weston doc somewhere that would have told me that, had I looked.

Also, my taskbar is the wrong length and my background is black.  Other than that, pretty cool.

  *   Yep, desktop-shell isn't designed to handle runtime rotation. It could be made to pretty easily by working on the client code. For your case though I'd assume something like kiosk-shell would be a much better bet.

  *   Cheers,

  *   Daniel

Thanks  everyone (especially Emmanuel and Daniel),

-dwd