[ANNOUNCE] Weston 10.0 release schedule

Marius Vlad marius.vlad at collabora.com
Fri Dec 10 07:46:00 UTC 2021

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 04:37:09PM +0000, Simon Ser wrote:
> Hi all,
Hi,

> Here is the release schedule for Weston 10.0, the next major version:
>
> - Alpha: December 14th, in 2 weeks
> - Beta: January 11th
> - RC1: January 25th
> - First possible release: February 1st
>
> There is a one month gap between alpha and beta to accommodate for Christmas
> holidays.
>
> Package maintainers are encouraged to pick up the pre-releases to make
> sure packaging can be tested (and fixed) before the stable release.
>
> Let me know if there's something in particular you want merged for 10.0.
Fyi, though a bit late, I've updated the 10.0.0 milestone (w/ the 14'th of
December) and tagged a few things I'd like to see merged for 10.0.0.

It's for the signal corruption list we've been seeing for time now + some
changes for kiosk-shell related to moving app_ids to different outputs
(and some client minor bits).

A direct link to that:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/-/merge_requests?scope=all&state=opened&milestone_title=10.0.0