Taiwins 0.2.9 is out

Sichem Zhou sichem.zh at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 14:41:18 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

I would like to announce an 0.2.9 release of Taiwins project. Back in
September 2020, I released the 0.2 version of Taiwins, which was utilising
wlroots for backend handling. I have gone on implementing backend logics
and Laid out most of the ground work. Now Taiwins has a new release and
libtaiwins is releasing with it. Libtaiwins is another alternative to
libweston and wlroots, but GPL licensed. It handles the output and input
devices and offers rendering context for compositing. I implemented some
interesting features like gpu hotplug, and in the future, we will have
vulkan renderer as well.

Apparently I am shamelessly advertising Taiwins here for potential
interested users and developers. But I guess I didn't do a very good job
last time since I am the only developer now. As one man, I think it is as
much as I can push the project right now. I sort have to thank the pandemic
otherwise I would never be able to have this much developing time. This
time, I drafted a feature list [1] of Taiwins for those who are interested.
We also have a Gitter channel if you have any questions. I am sure you will
find tawins is an interesting an unique project.

Cheers to the new year.

Regards,
Xichen

[1] https://github.com/taiwins/taiwins/blob/master/docs/progress.md