color management release version

lanz at codeaurora.org lanz at codeaurora.org
Fri Jun 25 04:44:29 UTC 2021

On 2021-06-21 20:32, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2021 17:07:25 +0800
> lanz at codeaurora.org wrote:
>
>> Hi pekka
>>
>> I see there are a lot of discussions for color management in
>> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland-protocols/-/merge_requests/14
>> and a lot of details in
>> https://www.collabora.com/news-and-blog/blog/2020/11/19/developing-wayland-color-management-and-high-dynamic-range/,
>> may I ask which version of wayland-protocols and weston will merged
>> related changes? Thank you!
>
> Hi,
>
> that is impossible to say. Right now my goal is to get as much code
> into Weston upstream as possible to facilitate experimenting on the
> protocol design and tone-mapping, and then get back to protocol design
> which still has many open questions and to-dos.
>
> The wayland-protocols MR cannot land until we have at least three
> implementations, and all the details have been sorted out and shown to
> work. So that is pretty much the last thing to merge.
>
> I believe it will not be this year.
>
> You can also follow
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/-/issues/467
>

> Thanks,
> pq

Hi pekka

Thank you to share me more info about color management.
May I ask how to send the full range flag to the compositor from the
protocol
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/swick/wayland-protocols/-/blob/color/unstable/color-management/color-management-unstable-v1.xml?
I don't find full range flag in this protocol, I may miss something.

Thank you!

Best Regards
Nancy