Should I port my custom UI toolkit to Wayland or GTK/QT?

Brad Robinson brobinson at toptensoftware.com
Mon Nov 1 01:16:16 UTC 2021

Hi Igor,

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

It sounds like you're suggesting porting the application to a new toolkit
rather than updating the toolkit?  As mentioned, that's not really feasible
as I have literally hundreds of screens that would need to be ported.
Porting my existing toolkit - either directly to X11, Wayland or by
leveraging an existing toolkit seems an easier option.

Would you say the same about AvaloniaUI... that instead of porting
Avalonia, every app that uses it should move to a new toolkit?

Brad