surface-suspension wayland protcool development status?

Neal Gompa ngompa13 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 15:00:33 UTC 2021

Hey all,

Is there a reason why the development of the surface-suspension
protocol[1] has completely stalled out? It's been in the 30 day
discussion period for a few months now and it's a pretty critical
protocol for games (it's the main blocker for SDL to switch to Wayland
by default[2]).

>From a purely downstream perspective, I'd like to have Fedora Linux
switch to Wayland by default for SDL-based applications (which we are
able to do relatively quickly and easily since all SDL applications
now use SDL2 since Fedora Linux 35[3]).

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Neal

[1]: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/wayland-protocols/-/merge_requests/99