surface-suspension wayland protcool development status?

Ethan “flibitijibibo” Lee flibitijibibo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 01:11:20 UTC 2021

I agree with Joshua - if you think you can get the timeout implemented in EGL and Vulkan WSI I’ll go ahead and mark the SDL Wayland PR as ready to go for 2.0.20. Hypothetically it’d be nice to have an event for hidden vs. exposed but really we just want to avoid deadlocks. As far as independent studios care that model would do the job perfectly fine, not sure about the big AAA studios but they can e-mail the Proton team if they run into any trouble.

-Ethan