Have you attended XDC 2021? Give us your feedback!

Samuel Iglesias Gonsálvez siglesias at igalia.com
Mon Sep 20 06:51:57 UTC 2021

Hi,

First of all, thanks organizers for such a great conference. It was
smooth and, although there were some issues as it is usual in any
conference, they were fixed promptly :-)

I would like also to thank all of you for attending and participating
either via submitting talks, watching them or joining the hallway track
in IRC :-D Without you this conference won't make sense.

Now it is time to gather feedback from you :-D

* Do you have any comment on how was XDC 2021?
  - For example, have you tried the new streaming service
(https://streaming.media.ccc.de/xdc2021)? Was it fine?

* Do you think we can improve on something for future events?

* What did you like most/least about the conference?

You can reply privately to me if you wish. We will share all the
gathered feedback among organizers and the X.Org Foundation board.

Now that I got your attention... Did you like XDC 2021? What about
organizing XDC 2023 (likely in Europe)?

We know this is a decision that takes time (trigger internal
discussion, looking for volunteers, budget, and a venue suitable for
the event, etc). Therefore, we encourage potential interested parties
to start the internal discussions now, so any question they have can be
answered before we open the call for proposals for XDC 2023 next year.
Please read [0] and feel free to contact me or the board for more info
if needed.

Thanks,

Sam

[0] https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/RFP/