Window positions under wayland

samuel ammonius sfammonius at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 17:00:28 UTC 2022

I hope this hasn't been said a million times before, because I don't mean
to pressure anyone. I'm not a wayland contributor.

I just wanted to say that Wayland should really consider letting windows
get/set their positions. The main reasons are that apps such as popups and
dialogs are usually supposed to start either at the center of the screen or
the center of their parent app, and that apps often want to remember where
they were when they closed so they can open there again. Could something
like this ever be added?