Position set/get prototype template

Igor Korot ikorot01 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 14:48:04 UTC 2022

Hi, Simon,

On Mon, Aug 8, 2022, 9:37 AM Simon Ser <contact at emersion.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As we already tried to explain numerous times in the previous thread:
> no, we are not adding requests and events to set/get the window position.
>
> If you are interested in fixing an app which doesn't work on Wayland
> because of this omission, please explain your use-case, and we can
> discuss solutions.

My app that I'm still building will "not" work on Wayland reliably.
I tried at least 2 times to give very specific scenarios and was told to go
away.
No explanation, possible fixes or workarounds.
Just plain "we are not doing because it's by design".

I guess people (Software developers) will have to pray X11 will stay
forever.

Thank you.