Should I draw menu by myself?

mx mxmxmx0429 at qq.com
Tue Jan 18 09:47:14 UTC 2022

Thank you for your help.

From:                                                                                                                        "Jonas Ådahl"                                                                                    <jadahl at gmail.com>;
Date: Tue, Jan 18, 2022 04:38 PM
To: "mx"<mxmxmx0429 at qq.com>;
Cc: "wayland-devel"<wayland-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>;
Subject: Re: Should I draw menu by myself?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 01:12:19PM +0800, mx wrote:
> Hi,
> &nbsp; &nbsp;I want to know if I should draw menu by myself. And if I do that, how could compositor like gnome or kde know my menu?

What menu are you talking about here?

If this is about popup menus, e.g. right click menu, "hamburger" menu,
etc, these are all surfaces drawn by the client (yourself), and mapped
using "xdg_popup" role (part of the xdg-shell protocol extension).

If this is about the "window menu" which is usually what shows up when
you right click on the title bar, this is (optionally) drawn by the
compositor, e.g. done by kwin or gnome-shell. This menu is shown by the
client issuing the "show_window_menu" request on the xdg_toplevel
object.

Jonas