Retrieving monitor connection information

Andrew Marshall andrew at algodynamic.com
Thu Sep 1 10:23:00 UTC 2022

On Thu, 1 Sept 2022 at 10:27, Simon Ser <contact at emersion.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thursday, September 1st, 2022 at 11:23, Andrew Marshall <
> andrew at algodynamic.com> wrote:
>
> > I have an application that requires the equivalent of the
> > `ConnectorNumber` and `ConnectorType` properties that are available
> > in the RandR protocol in X11 (see
> > https://github.com/freedesktop/xorg-xorgproto/blob/master/randrproto.txt
> )
>
> There is no equivalent to X11's RandR extension in Wayland.

No, but the information is available - so there must be a means of
retrieving that information?

> Why do you need to fetch this information? What's your use-case?

A medical device outputs a camera display to each of four monitors,
attached to display port connectors on the graphics card.  There is a 1:1
relationship between camera outputs and displays, and a UI allows assigning
a specific camera output to a specific display port output.

--
Andrew Marshall
Independent C++ Consultant