Wayland client, cleanup on exit

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia guille.rodriguez at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 10:46:01 UTC 2023

Hello,

El mar, 4 abr 2023 a las 12:33, Simon Ser (<contact at emersion.fr>) escribió:

> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, April 4th, 2023 at 12:16, Guillermo Rodriguez <
> guillerodriguez.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is it necessary to explicitly clean up and release any resources
> > before exit in a Wayland client? Does that happen automatically if
> > the process simply exits (in the same way that other resources such
> > as memory or fds are automatically released) ?
>
> If you don't explicitly cleanup resources allocated by libwayland, it's
> fine: the process won't leak any. IOW, resources allocated in a Wayland
> client are cleaned up by the OS as usual.

Thank you, this is very useful!

One further question: before posting this here, I was trying to verify this
by myself, and was wondering whether there is some sort of tool that can be
used to monitor resources currently in use in a Wayland server. Does such a
tool exist?

Thanks,

Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia
guille.rodriguez at gmail.com