Weston 12.0 release schedule and 11/10 bug fix release

Marius Vlad marius.vlad at collabora.com
Mon Apr 17 16:03:02 UTC 2023

Hi all,

Here is the release schedule for Weston 12.0, the next major version:

- Alpha: April 26th, in one week and a half
- Beta: May 3rd
- RC1: May 10th
- First possible release: May 17th

Package maintainers are encouraged to pick up the pre-releases to make
sure packaging can be tested (and fixed) before the stable release.

Further more, a point release for Weston 11 (11.0.2) and one for Weston 10
(10.0.4) is also scheduled to happen at the same time.

If there's anything you'd like to get in for Weston 11.0.2 use the
"Backport to weston 11" label, while for Weston 10, I've created "
"Backport to weston 10". There's just one bug-fix for Weston 10,
while for Weston 11 a few have pilled up.

You can also browse these directly at [1] or at [2].

If there are any objections for these dates please let me know, or if
there's antything you might want to include in the point releases and
for some reason you can't tag/mark them yourself, feel free to reach
out.

Thanks,

[1] - https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/-/merge_requests?scope=all&state=merged&label_name[]=Backport%20to%20weston%2011
[2] - https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/-/merge_requests?scope=all&state=merged&label_name[]=Backport%20to%20weston%2010