[ANNOUNCE] libei 1.2.0

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Tue Dec 5 23:41:24 UTC 2023

libei 1.2.0 is now available.

libei is a library to send Emulated Input (EI) to a matching Emulated Input
Server (EIS) which can receive those events with libeis, also part of this
project.

libei uses GitLab releases, for tarballs please see:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/libinput/libei/-/releases/1.2.0

Notable fixes in this release include better handling of various protocol
errors and less log spam:
- if the write buffer is full, outgoing messages are now cached
  instead of returning EAGAIN.
- if a message send fails, stop trying to send more messages
  which will do nothing but spam the log with more errors
- if we get disconnected by the server, stop trying to send things to the
  server (and spam the log on error)
- use EINTR checks instead of blocking SIGALRM
- keep a cache of defunct objects to avoid spamming the log when there
  are in-flight messages arriving after destroy

No change in the API

Alban Browaeys (1):
      Fix duplicate negation in log message

Peter Hutterer (33):
      ei: improve a debug message, the number we print is the serial
      util: fix clobbered errno in sink_add_source
      util: allow sources to have write notifications
      ei: queue unsent messages for later delivery if our buffer is full
      Add a static assertion that EAGAIN == EWOULDBLOCK
      tools: add a --interval option to the demo server and client
      util: block SIGALRM during posix_fallocate
      CI: add a separate job for the documentation build
      doc/protocol: fix some hugo warnings
      doc: use a specific revision of the hugo template
      CI: add missing dependencies line
      ei: if sending a message fails, don't send any more
      ei: remove the source if we get disconnected
      tools: add an --iterations argument to ei-demo-client
      util: replace most of SIGALRM blocks with EINTR checks
      util: don't check for EINTR on close()
      util: retry posix_fallocate() if it fails
      util: add helper macros for the ELF section handling
      util: add a global setup option to our munit wrapper
      test: set up a timer to trigger SIGALRM
      doc: drop the git depth from the hugo theme
      test: expand log messages to accommodate for 4-digit line numbers
      test: make peck_dispatch_until_stable() print more useful debug info
      test: fix a test missing frame events
      eis: only queue a seat bind event if the caps change
      eis: fix a typo
      test: hack a peck_debug() function
      test: make bug logs fatal by default
      test: add the ability to add offsets to ei_now()
      ei: keep a cache of defunct objects to avoid spamming the log
      ei: improve debug messages for keymap failures
      pre-commit: autoupdate and add two more useful checkers
      libei 1.2.0