Introducing xwayland-run, a set of small utilities to run X11 and Wayland clients

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 29 09:35:08 UTC 2023

Hi Simon,

On Wed, 29 Nov 2023 at 10:16, Simon Ser <contact at emersion.fr> wrote:

> I'd prefer this to be kept in your personal namespace: I'd prefer not to
> make
> this an official Wayland project.

Well, that was quick! :)

If I may, would it be possible to elaborate on the rationale behind your
opinion, is that because there is no interest at all, because of the
quality of the code, because of Python, or because it's partly about
Xwayland and X11?

I understand it may not be suitable as a project of its own within the
Wayland space, but couldn't we consider adding these to the (existing)
wayland-utils instead?

Cheers
Olivier