Introducing xwayland-run, a set of small utilities to run X11 and Wayland clients

Simon Ser contact at emersion.fr
Wed Nov 29 14:12:49 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, November 29th, 2023 at 10:35, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I'd prefer this to be kept in your personal namespace: I'd prefer not to make
> > this an official Wayland project.
>
> Well, that was quick! :)
>
> If I may, would it be possible to elaborate on the rationale behind your
> opinion, is that because there is no interest at all, because of the quality
> of the code, because of Python, or because it's partly about Xwayland and X11?

To me the main downside is that this project has a hardcoded list of
compositors. I don't think compositor-specific scripts are a good thing to have
upstream.

Moreover, last time I asked to make something an official Wayland project (IIRC
Waypipe) the reply was "no". I don't see why this one would be any different.