CI/CD privileges for wayland-idfix fork

Pekka Paalanen ppaalanen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 08:53:32 UTC 2023

On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 09:49:20 -0400
jleivent <jleivent at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2023 09:40:20 -0400
> jleivent <jleivent at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Could I have CI/CD privileges for
> > https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/jonleivent/wayland-idfix
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jon
>
> Also:
> With respect to the caching scheme described in .gitlab-ci.yaml, should
> I change my FDO_DISTRIBUTION_TAG to stay out of the way?  Anything else
> I need to do before CI is turned on?

You shouldn't need to do anything than check your project is public and
has container registry enabled, apart from getting permission to run
CI.

Your project that you forked from upstream has its own container
registry, and if your CI runs need to create new containers, they are
pushed there and not upstream. You wouldn't have permissions to change
anything in the upstream project anyway.