Call for proposals for the next governance meeting

Sebastian Wick sebastian.wick at redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 21:41:06 UTC 2024

Personally I would say we could give it a go, but I don't believe that
this will significantly change how long some protocols take to get
merged. The group transaction is taking so long because the subsurface
sync and desync modes together with content update queues are hard to
get right and the protocol makes everything much worse. The color
management protocol took so long because it evolved with our
understanding of color and colorimetry which changed significantly
over the years. Some protocols are just stuck because stakeholders
can't agree and most of the time the problem is just time and
priorities.