Wayland design principles (Re: wayland and gambas)

Bruce Steers bsteers4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 17:05:32 UTC 2024

Many thanks for you detailed response Pekka.

Kinda wasn't the answer I was hoping for but the explanation helps a lot
with our understanding.

Seems like a similar situation to when gnome2 became gnome3 and unity and
as popular as It was and adopted by many systems so many people didn't like
it and wanted what they knew that MATE and cinnamon happened and saved the
day. And they are still very popular today.

I guess/hope a similar thing will happen to x11 or Wayland will accept this
particular issue needs addressing and provide a workaround.

As fundamentally Wayland principles are to us, restrictive in a way that I
think many will simply not tolerate.

Respects and thanks again.
Bruce Steers