Announce MGRX v1.5.1 with improved Wayland support

Mariano malfer at telefonica.net
Wed Jun 19 15:15:31 UTC 2024

Hi everybody

MGRX is a small 2D graphics C library derived from the GRX library. GRX
was originaly written by Csaba Biegl for DJ Delorie's DOS port of the
GCC compiler.

MGRX supports DOS, Win32, Linux framebuffer, Linux KMS/DRM, Linux X11
and Linux Wayland since the previous version.

The Wayland videodriver was new in MGRX version 1.5.0 and must be
considered in beta stage. Only the i386 and x86_64 platforms are tested.

In this version I have improved the Wayland driver:

   - We use the XDG_decoration protocol, if available, to ask for server
side window decoration.
     it works nicely in KDE. Unfortunately Gnome doesn't support it, so
we don't have decorations  there.
     I know is a controversial subject here.
   - We generate now autorepeat keys, because Wayland expect the client
to do it.
   - The compose keys work, thanks to functions in libxkbcommon.
   - The clipboard interact with the Wayland clipboard, using the core
protocols.

If someone wants to made it a try, it will be welcome.

Website:
http://fgrim.com/mgrx/index.html
Github:
https://github.com/malfer/mgrx