Qustion: Support for Splitting Application Output Across Multiple Displays in Weston

Marius Vlad marius.vlad at collabora.com
Fri Mar 29 10:10:31 UTC 2024

On Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 06:46:04PM +0900, Yosuke Nakayama wrote:
> Thanks for the quick response.
>
> > With a (new) shell, or maybe with additions to desktop-shell, it would
> allow the following to create a virtual output:
> Does this mean that the existing shells (xdg-shell, kiosk-shell, ivi-shell,
> etc.) cannot achieve the functionality?
No, not in the sanse I've described earlier (using the
maximized,fullscreen requests).

With desktop-shell, you can create a region that spans all the
outputs, but not with kiosk-shell. I don't know about ivi-shell, but
with ivi-shell you can have other controllers which can problably achieve
that, but similarly to the new shell, you might have to write it. Might want
to take a look at the wayland-ivi-extension see if it that has something
like that.