[Xcb] FW: Xlib buffer size

aparna.kailas at wipro.com aparna.kailas at wipro.com
Mon May 31 07:19:24 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am new to X  window. I am trying to port Xlib-TCP interface to another
network layer.
I read in the X lib reference manual that  Xlib buffers requests until
some condition, like buffer is full or application is waiting for an
event,
before it flushes the buffer to the TCP layer.

I would like to know :
1. what is the maximum data (in bytes) that the Xlib sends to the TCP
enroute to the TCP layer ( as in the case when the buffer becomes full)
?
2. Is the maximum Xlib buffer size fixed across implementations or does
it vary ?

Thanks,
Aparna