[Xcb] ANNOUNCE: XML-XCB project merging into XCB

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Sat Nov 6 18:00:06 PST 2004

Hi, Josh!

I see that you've merged your work in now. On brief inspection, it looks
good; I'll be digging through it some more later. In the meantime:

When I 'cvs update'd, I discovered that I had some uncommitted work
based on the M4 bits. This seemed like a good opportunity to try to
modify your stylesheet, to see how easily I could do it.

This particular change was mostly straightforward, but I hit a
limitation in the implementation: I want the major (and minor, if
applicable) opcodes to be treated like the length field. Space should be
reserved for them in the request structure, but they should not be
assigned to in the generated code.

I dunno how to do that. A patch is attached with my efforts so far:
could you play with it and advise me on a fix?

Could you also tell me whether my use of the <l> line-formatting tags
matches what you intended?

Thanks much!
--
Jamey Sharp <jamey at minilop.net> - http://minilop.net/