[Xcb] Generated extensions (e.g., render.c) fail to build on Sol.

Josh Triplett josh.trip at verizon.net
Sat Apr 2 12:38:17 PST 2005

Travis Spencer wrote:
> The C code that XML-XCB generates fails to build on Solaris 9.  The
> code that is creates causes a parsing error when compiled w/ gcc 3.4.
> I've attached a diff of what I had to change to get it to compile.
> I'm not sure if the altered code will break other things or not.
>
> The general form of the errant code is this:
>
> XCBExtension XCBXevieId = { "{@extension-xname" }};
>
> The extra closing brace causes the compilation to fail.  I would
> suspect that line should read
>
> XCBExtension XCBXevieId = { "{@extension-xname}" };
>
> I'm not sure why this is happening on Solaris and not Linux.  Perhaps
> its the version of xsltproc that I'm using.  My version "was compiled
> against libxml 20423, libxslt 10019 and libexslt 710" (from the output
> of xsltproc when run w/ the --version flag).  I'll get a new version
> of xsltproc if you guys suspect that this is the cause.

Your xsltproc does seem to be misinterpreting things; mine ("compiled
against libxml 20616, libxslt 10112 and libexslt 810") works just fine
on that construct.  I suggest upgrading, in case there are more such
issues.  I do agree with Jamey's fix though, since it seems that it runs
better on buggy versions of xsltproc.

- Josh Triplett