[Xcb] question about the xml implementation

Josh Triplett josh.trip at verizon.net
Sat Apr 16 11:37:19 PDT 2005

Vincent Torri wrote:
> In the XKB protocol, there is this structure (?) to put in the xml file :
>
> KB_DEVICESPEC
>   0..255   input extension device id
>   #x100    XkbUseCoreKbd
>   #x200    XkbUseCorePtr
>
> What should I put in the xml description ?

This looks like a byte, followed by a bitfield.  The bitfield can be
defined using a CARD8, CARD16, or CARD32 as appropriate for the width
(which is not apparent from that description), plus an enum for the
named values.

Fair warning: last time I looked over XKB, it appeared to do quite a
number of things that XML-XCB can't yet express.  Most notably, it uses
bitfields in a way similar to valueparams, except that the individual
items are not all the same length.

- Josh Triplett