[Xcb] Milestone: API is stable

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Dec 8 05:24:15 PST 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 23:29:46 -0800, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> I've just fixed my last complaints about the XCB API, by removing
> unproven interfaces from the specification and fixing the functions that
> remain, and I'm now declaring XCB's API *stable*.

Congratulations Jamey. Well done!

With this in place, a nice follow-up task would be to get cairo's XCB
backend finished up. There are a couple of API changes that were made
to cairo's Xlib backend that haven't yet been tracked in the XCB
backend. (Careful comparison of cairo-xlib[-xrender].h with
cairo-xcb[-xrender].h should reveal those.)

-Carl