[Xcb] Problem building xcb on a Sparc Solaris 10 Platform

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Sun Dec 11 13:07:08 PST 2005

Jan: I tried to reproduce your problem on a local Solaris 10
box running gcc-3.4.0, but failed---latest CVS builds fine
for me. Can you give some more details, such as specific
lines where the problem occurs?

All: In the process, BTW, I found some pretty horrible
problems with XCB building on non-GNU platforms.

I really hate autotools.  Is there some way we can package a
version of XCB so that you don't have to have recent
autoconf, automake, libtool, pkgconfig, and GNU m4 installed
to be able to build XCB?  This seems like a pretty important
requirement for building on environments that don't support
these things.  Automake requires gmake, but not much can be
done about that, I think.

You need reasonably recent gperf to support the
 --output-file flag.  Isn't this gratuitous?

Has anyone tried to compile with a non-GCC strict ANSI C
compiler?

	Bart