[Xcb] Prevent/Redirect Mapping of foreign Application windows

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Mon Feb 28 09:07:34 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 12:02:48AM +0100, Jochen.Baier at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de wrote:
> hi,

Hi!

> I wonder is there a way to intercept the mapping of foreign windows (not in the
> same program, program A should prevent mapping of the main window from program B).

This probably isn't the right place for this question, if for no other
reason than that maybe none of us know the answer. :-)

> Or do I need to handle with LD_PRELOAD to override the RootWindow()
> function ?

RootWindow, of course, is an Xlib macro, making it a bit outside the
scope of discussion on XCB. (I'll note that since it's not a function,
you can't use LD_PRELOAD to override it...)

--Jamey