[Xcb] initial glx.xml file

Josh Triplett josh@freedesktop.org
Thu Jan 20 21:13:09 PST 2005

Jeremy Kolb wrote:
> What does error copy do (and how do I use it?)?  Since most of the
> errors roughly follow the same format can I use that?

Errorcopy is used when two errors have *identical* structure layouts,
and the only difference is the value of the error code.  An example of
the similar "eventcopy" element is the KeyRelease event in the core
protocol (in xproto.xml), which is identical to KeyPress except for the
event code.

> Also, I'm a little unclear as to what the list tag does.  Thanks.

A list represents a variable-length portion of a data structure.  It has
a name, a type, and a length expression.  The length expression defines
the length of the list in terms of other fields of the data structure.
For example, consider the reply for the ListProperties request in the
core protocol:
>   <request name="ListProperties" opcode="21">
>     <pad bytes="1" />
>     <field type="WINDOW" name="window" />
>     <reply>
>       <pad bytes="1" />
>       <field type="CARD16" name="atoms_len" />
>       <pad bytes="22" />
>       <list type="ATOM" name="atoms">
>         <fieldref>atoms_len</fieldref>
>       </list>
>     </reply>
>   </request>

This reply contains a list of type ATOM, with a length given by atoms_len.

For more information, see the documentation I added to the xcb-proto
package.

- Josh Triplett