[Xcb] Re: XPending - XCBEventQueueLength sounds right but its gone. What else?

Travis Spencer travislspencer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:24:44 EST 2005

On 7/16/05, Vincent Torri <Vincent.Torri at iecn.u-nancy.fr> wrote:

> You can do that:
>
> XCBGenericEvent *ev;
>
> while ((ev = XCBPollForEvent(conn, 0)))
>   {
>     /* manage your event here */
>   }

The problem is, I don't want to process them all.   I just want to
know how many there are.  I guess I could just dequeue them all, count
how many were dequeued, and enqueue them again.  I really hope that it
doesn't come to that.

> don't forget to free your event.
>
> For ecore, i needed to change a bit the algo to take into account that a
> XPending-like function does not exist. Maybe it will be your case too :)

I saw that conversation that you and Jamey had about XPending where he
suggested a loop like the one above, but it doesn't help me since I'm
trying to solve a different problem.

--

Regards,

Travis Spencer