[Xcb] XCB-PROTO

Dickson Patton pattond at cs.pdx.edu
Fri Jul 29 09:50:08 EST 2005

Nicolas,

You have to download build ALL the  packages listed on the website:

There are multiple modules in CVS. The modules you need to checkout,
build, and install for each part of the project are, in order:

    *

      Xproto from xlibs <http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fxlibs>

    *

      Xau from xlibs <http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fxlibs>

    *

      xcb-proto

    *

      xcb

To build Xlib with support for XCB, first build XCB as above. After
that, the modules you need to checkout, build, and install for each part
of the project are, in order:

    *

      XExtensions from xlibs <http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fxlibs>

    *

      xtrans from xlibs <http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fxlibs>

    *

      X11 from xlibs <http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software_2fxlibs>

I just went through it for the first time myself, and had the exact same
problems.

Good Luck,

Dickson