[Xcb] Record

Henrik Sandklef hesa at sandklef.com
Mon Mar 21 14:04:01 PST 2005

Searching with google: "record extension" program x11

http://www.google.se/search?hl=sv&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US
%3Aunofficial&q=%22record+extension%22+program+x11&btnG=S%C3%B6k&meta=

give us (on the first page) two programs:
  xnee and Xmsgtrace

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 00:05 -0800, Barton C Massey wrote:
> Keith Packard is sitting here right now and says he doesn't
> know of any X programs that use the Record extension :-).
> "Nobody has ever made it work.  A bunch of people have
> tried, and no one has succeeded, as far as I know."  It's
> very sad.

I have found a bug in it, which I (sadly) work around in the Xnee
sources but apart from that RECORD extension works smoothly.