[Xcb] xprint

Jonas Gall jogall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 12:33:53 PST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:22:35 -0500, Jim Gettys <Jim.Gettys at hp.com> wrote:
> It is becoming obsolete.
I don't think so. There is lots of new development around Xprint, new
drivers, RENDER ext., OpenGL and application support. That sounds not
that it is going to become obsolete.

> And it has little to do with Red Hat, though
> they don't want to support it.
In my opinion there is a difference between 'not supporting' and
aggressively spreading the claim that 'Xprint is obsolete' and pissing
on everyone who opposes that opinion or shows interest in Xprint
support for their application. What Red Hat did in the past was
looking more like a witch hunt and a shame for the open source
community.

Jonas
--
 .-.   .-.    Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties
(_  \ /  _)   are largely ceremonial.