[Xcb] Xinerama protocol

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Mon Mar 28 11:44:15 PST 2005

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 01:04:45PM -0500, Jeremy A. Kolb wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Mar 2005, Vincent Torri wrote:
> > In fact i forget to ask something : in the spec (in SelectInput), the spec
> > use the type BITMASK. Does someone know what is it ?
>
> I believe a BITMASK is just a CARD32 but maybe this is where <valueparam/>
> comes in?  I'm not entirely sure.  Jamey and Josh would know better.

I haven't really familiarized myself with XML-XCB, and I haven't looked
at the Xinerama spec, but that sounds right.

There are a number of X requests (CreateWindow and CreateGC, for
instance) that can take a whole bunch of optional parameters. You're
supposed to provide a bitmask indicating which of these parameters you
actually want to specify, and an array with one entry for each bit that
was set to 1. By using the valueparam tag, you're telling XCB to count
the number of 1-bits in the BITMASK in order to find out how long of an
array you're providing to it.

--Jamey