[Xcb] mesa +xcb = assertion death

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue May 3 21:50:51 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 00:11 -0400, Jeremy Kolb wrote:
> Okay, I've been trying to narrow it down so I recompiled vanilla cvs
> Mesa against the standard non xcb-ified xlibs.
>
> 1) glxgears using Xorg 6.8.2 and NVidia drivers: no problem.
> 2) glxgears using Xorg 6.8.2 libs and Mesa: no problem.
> 3) glxgears using xlibs from cvs with XCB enabled: error.
> 4) glxgears using xlibs from cvs with XCB enabled and Mesa: error.
> 5) glxgears using xlibs from cvs with XCB enabled and NVidia drivers: error.
>
> This is with Mesa compiled against Xorg 6.8.2 xlibs in /usr/X11R6/lib.
> My xlibs --with-xcb is in /opt/fdo/lib.  And 'using' above means
> modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to /opt/fdo/lib or nothing at all.  I
> used ldd `which glxgears` after each LD_LIBRARY_PATH change to verify.
> The assertion failure only seems to happen while using X11 with XCB
> support enabled :(

It seems pretty clear that something odd is happening on the wire when
the assertion failure triggers, though.

Would you capture tcpdump, Ethereal, whatever traces of at least cases 1
and 2 above?

Can you also perhaps find out for me what this GLX request means?

9e 11 04 00  04 00 01 00  03 00 00 00  00 00 00 00

Major opcode 9e was GLX on your server at the time of this request;
minor opcode 0x11 is VendorPrivateWithReply. You were using a
little-endian client. What is vendor_code 0x10004? (And does that
request really use a LISTofBYTE without an explicit list length field,
like it looks as though your GLX XML description says?)

--Jamey