[Xcb] Xevent and XCBEvent

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Thu May 12 01:21:16 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 09:00 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Hello,

Hey Vincent! I just sat down to fix your problem, and realized I need
Josh to tell me how.

> In a function of ecore, an XEvent is defined as follows :
>
>    xev.xclient.type = ClientMessage;
>    xev.xclient.display = disp;
>    xev.xclient.window = win;
>    xev.xclient.message_type = Atom1;
>    xev.xclient.format = 32;
>    xev.xclient.data.l[0] = Atom2;
>    xev.xclient.data.l[1] = CurrentTime;
>
> 1) How could I fill the char event[32] that I have to pass to XCBSendEvent
> with these informations ?
>
> 2) I've already asked the question, but there was no precise answer : i
> don't know where the data field of th xclient field of a XEvent can be
> found in XCB. Doe someone have an idea about that ?

The ClientMessage event is much like the ChangeProperty request: it has
a format field (indicating that the data is a list of 8-, 16-, or 32-bit
quantities) and then a list of elements of the given length. Unlike
ChangeProperty, clients routinely need to both construct and examine
this event.

Josh, in the short term, how should we encode this union-of-lists type
such that it'll be a minimum pain to work with?

Thanks,
--Jamey