[Xcb] Xevent and XCBEvent

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue May 31 14:32:50 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 16:03 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Hey :)

Hey Vincent!

> Is there any improvement about that problem ? I've almost finish a first
> version of ecore xcb and i need this stuff

You saw that Josh fixed one of your problems, right? (Thanks Josh!) That
now you can do this...

XCBClientMessageEvent cme;
cme.format = 32;
cme.data.data32[0] = ...

As it happens, that makes the padding problem irrelevant for sending
ClientMessage events with SendEvent: ClientMessage is already 32 bytes
long and needs no padding.

If you have other event types you need to use SendEvent on, we can fix
up the padding pretty quickly, but otherwise it's not a priority for me
right now, and I imagine not for Josh either.

--Jamey