[Xcb] Xevent and XCBEvent

Jamey Sharp jamey at minilop.net
Tue May 31 15:13:27 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-05-31 at 23:54 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> On Tue, 31 May 2005, Jamey Sharp wrote:
> > As it happens, that makes the padding problem irrelevant for sending
> > ClientMessage events with SendEvent: ClientMessage is already 32 bytes
> > long and needs no padding.
> >
> > If you have other event types you need to use SendEvent on, we can fix
> > up the padding pretty quickly, but otherwise it's not a priority for me
> > right now, and I imagine not for Josh either.
>
> I think that ecore uses only the 32 bits format. So there is no problem :)
> great great great :)

Oh, it's better than that, though. It doesn't matter whether you use
8-bit, 16-bit, or 32-bit format: the XCBClientMessageEvent structure
will be 32 bytes regardless. No buffer overruns there.

I only meant that we have more work to do if you need events completely
different than ClientMessage.

--Jamey