[Xcb] find a char from XCBKeyPressEvent

Nattfodd Nattfodd at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 05:06:41 PST 2005

Vincent Torri wrote:

>maybe I'm wrong but I think that this problem can be solved if the XKB
>extension is supported.
>
>Vincent

Hi,

we found the XCBKeysyms code in xcb-util which seems to do what we want
(convert a keycode into a Xlib keysym).

We have included the full code in our project, which is GPL, in order
not to depend on the user installing xcb-util. We couldn't find any
COPYING or mention of a licence, nor the name of the original author. If
this is a problem, please tell us what to do.

We were also wondering what the "int col" argument to
XCBKeySymbolssGetKeysym did. It seems to work fine with always setting
it to 0, but we are certainly missing something here...

By the way, if that has not already been said elsewhere, our project can
be found there : http://gna.org/projects/gfaim

Thanks.
Alexandre