[Xcb] src/xcb_des.c

Trevor Woerner twoerner.x at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 09:20:37 PDT 2005

I should start by admitting that this is a very fuzzy, grey area for
me; I know almost nothing about export law.

On 9/16/05, Jamey Sharp <jamey at minilop.net> wrote:
> If we get the legal stuff straightened out, putting the code
> back should be straight-forward, and then XCB will once again have
> support for XDM-AUTH-1.

Would it not be safe to say that X (or Xlib) has already solved this
problem? How do they support XDM-AUTH-1 and allow everyone to download
the code?

Furthermore (again, ignorance is playing a *BIG* part in this thought)
wouldn't it be possible to simply link to one of the many X libraries
and obtain this functionality without having to explicitly provide
xcb_des.c ourselves?